It is that time of year again, where everyone has been coloring up a storm. My latest endeavor is to participate in the My Favorite Things Design Superstar Challenge. My blog is fairly new, so this year has been my time to give some of these card challenges a try. You can't win if you don't play, right? I decided to try my hand at the Clean & Simple challenge, featuring my all time favorite stamp set, Birdie Brown's Santas Elves. This is an older stamp set, but I have a feeling it is one that will never be retired. It is so cute!!!
I started by finding a line image of a Christmas tree on a website named http://cliparts.com. I printed this image onto some heavy weight card stock and used my Brother Scan n Cut 2 to cut the image out. I resized the image by 1/4 inch, and cut it again out of gold card stock. This created the window on the front of my card.
For the rest of the card, I used Copic markers and heat embossed the sentiments, frame and the star with gold embossing powder. I used my Judykins Color Dusters to add some Cracked Pistachio Distress ink to the background.
And voila' we have our clean and simple card. A list of supplies is provided at the end of this post, if you choose to duplicate any of the colors or design.
I hope you like it!!
- Image MFT Stamps--Santa's Elves, Candy Stripes Background
- Sentiment MFT Stamps--Get Toasty, Cheerful Christmas Greetings
- Stencil Simon Says Stamp--Tim Holtz Stamptember 2017
- Embossing Powder Stampendous Detail Gold
- Wink of Stella White, Clear
- Distress Ink Cracked Pistachio
- Skin: E50--E51--E21--E93--BV20
- Hat & Berries: R14--R46--R39
- Christmas Sock: R14--R46--R89
- Leaves: G16--G28
- Bell: Y11--Y15--YR24
- Suit & Boots: BG32--G02--G16
- Ground & Fur: 0--T0--W1--W3